Weed The People
A Cannabis Legalization Celebration!
Friday, July 3 (2pm - 9pm)
Come Join us as we celebrate the end of Cannabis Prohibition in Oregon
This Historic event takes place at....Metal Craft Fabrication 723 N. Tillamook on Friday July 3rd. 2015
- Sharing and sampling from Oregon's best growers (up to 7 grams an attendee) for you to LEGALLY use on the premises, or to take home with you later. Samples tested by OG Analytical.
- Meet the industry's leading vendors & cannabis friendly companies in Oregon's newest growing industry.
- Test Vaporizers from Firefly, Herbalizer & VapeXhale in the Vape station brought to you by Green Bodhi & Calyxes Dispensary
- Education & Distillation of what is happening in this new industry. Speak with folks from Panacea Dispensary, True North Extracts, Next Leaf Distribution, Phylos Bioscience & Two Dogs In a Boat engraving and many more!
- Purchase delicious eats by Roman Candle, Bunk Sandwiches, Stumptown Coffee & Taqueria La Merced
- Groovy Sounds curated by Aquarium Drunkard
- First 1000 attendees receive gift bags provided in part by Raw Papers, 7 Points Oregon & Medicinal Roots
- Participate in this once in a lifetime event that will change Oregon & the business of Cannabis forever.
This is more than free weed. This is more than vendors, food and vapes. This is history in the making! Join us for a day to remember!
This is a 21+ event. Please bring valid identification
No outside cannabis allowed on premises
No alcohol allowed or served on premises
Attendees subject to search
Oregon residency is not required
No pets allowed
WEED THE PEOPLE FAQ
Q: When is it? Where is it? How much are tickets? Are there are rules?
A: It’s Friday July 3rd, from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m., at 723 N. Tillamook, corner of Tillamook and N. Interstate. Advance tickets are $40. You must be 21 or over, and we will be checking IDs. No alcohol or outside cannabis/cannabis products will be allowed on site, and bags will be searched. Empty water bottles will be allowed and you will be able to fill them inside the event.
Q: What is Weed The People? Do I need an OMMP card?
A: OMMP cards are not required for entry. On July 1, cannabis becomes legal in Oregon for adults 21 and over. Weed The People (WTP) wants to celebrate this, so we’ve created a party with vendors, food trucks, a customized soundtrack, gift bags, a Growers Gifting Room, and a Vaporizer Lounge where you can try out the latest and greatest vaporizers.
Q: What is a Growers Gifting Room and a Vaporizer Lounge?
A: Growers from around the State will be stationed in a room to meet with you and share samples of their cannabis crops, all lab tested for pesticides and molds. They will also have information about themselves, their growing techniques, etc. After you’ve collected your gifts from the growers, you can check out the Vaporizer Lounge, where a trained staff of budtenders will help you try out your samples using a wide variety of vaporizers. You are also welcome to take your samples home to enjoy at a later time. The number of samples provided will depend on the number of people in attendance, and supplies may be limited.
Q: Beers and buds! Whoooo!
A: Sorry, no alcohol of any kind will be allowed on site.
Q: Will there be dabs, pot cookies or other cannabis edibles?
A: No, this event focuses on Flowers only.
Q: So is this a competition for the best weed in the state?
Far from it. This is a celebration, and as such, we won’t be testing for THC levels. Instead, we want attendees to focus on the grower, the methods used, and the strain/flavor.
Q: I’m a licensed grower, and I want to share. Can I participate?
Q: How do I get there?
A: The venue is located at 723 N. Tillamoook just 1 block from a Yellow Line MAX stop, and is across the street from several TriMet bus lines. Parking is extremely limited, so consider all other forms of transport. If you plan on consuming at the event please do not drive.
Q: Is this the coolest Cannabis event ever?
A: Most likely, yes. We are focused on responsible adult usage, and helping the community usher in legalized cannabis. We will be providing information on this new law, so you can understand where you can consume, how much you can posses, and other fun facts. Whether you partake regularly or haven’t touched the stuff in years, this event will offer something for you! Don’t be afraid of your freedom!
This event is sold out. To be notified about future cannabis events, please enter your email.
Press inquiries: email@example.com
Ticketing customer support: firstname.lastname@example.org